The out-of-control python started striking out at rescuers after it was pulled onto the floorboards

Rampaging 14ft python bites a rescuer after it is pulled from the CEILING of a family home in Thailand.

A rampaging 14ft python was pulled from the ceiling of a family home in Thailand before it bit a rescuer trying to save it.

The beast had been curled around the wooden beams of a house in Chachoengsao, Thailand, when the owner’s 10-year-old daughter spotted it.

Her father Sirichai Wongsuu, 35, said he feared it could have eaten her – and called rescuers who tried to free the reptile.

Frightening moment a python drops from ceiling and bites rescuer.


Rescue worker Danu Pon, 40, was bitten by the monster and blood began streaming from his foot
Rescue worker Danu Pon, 40, was bitten by the monster and blood began streaming from his foot
 The out-of-control python started striking out at rescuers after it was pulled onto the floorboards
The out-of-control python started striking out at rescuers after it was pulled onto the floorboards
When the rescue worker, Mr Pon, tried to put his foot on the back of the snake's head to pacify it, the python managed to sink its huge fangs into the man's heel
When the rescue worker, Mr Pon, tried to put his foot on the back of the snake’s head to pacify it, the python managed to sink its huge fangs into the man’s heel
The 14-foot python was spotted by a 10-year-old girl in a house in Chachoengsao in Thailand
The 14-foot python was spotted by a 10-year-old girl in a house in Chachoengsao in Thailand

As they pulled it free the python suddenly dropped to the ground and violently began striking out at those surrounding it in the room.

Video footage shows rescue worker Danu Pon, 40, trying to place his bare foot down on the back of the snake’s head to pacify it.

He doesn’t manage to do it quickly enough and the python sinks its huge fangs into the man’s heel.

With blood pouring from his foot he hobbled away, as the beast continued trying to attack locals in the room who struggled to snare it earlier this month.

Danu said: ‘We were holding on to the snake for 20 minutes trying to catch it.

‘I used my right foot to stomp on its head it but it bit me.

‘It hurt a lot, a lot. I felt its teeth inside and kicked it away but it jumped back and came towards me in the corner.

‘My heart was “boom, boom, boom” when it was staring at me with its mouth open.

‘It was me and the python staring at each other, for a moment I thought I could die but then I remembered had my colleagues to distract it again.

‘I was lucky it was only a small bite and not poisonous. Pythons are most dangerous if they catch you while you’re sleeping.’

The rescue workers gather outside the home having finally got to grips with the massive snake
The rescue workers gather outside the home having finally got to grips with the massive snake
The python was lassoed by the rescue workers after they spent 20 minutes trying to catch it
The python was lassoed by the rescue workers after they spent 20 minutes trying to catch it

Chachoengsao Rescue Unit eventually lassoed the snake’s head and managed to get it into a fertiliser bag to be released back into the wild.

They measured the snake at 14ft 1in (4.3m) and said it had killed local pets.

Sirichai, whose home the snake was hiding out in, said: ‘This was a big boa. We have some missing kittens and chickens in the village and I’m sure this has eaten them.

‘Fortunately my daughter saw the snake in the roof or it could have been very dangerous. It would have no problem swallowing a small child.’  – Full video clip at Mailonline

You can follow AsiaJack on Facebook & Twitter. Email tips and suggestions to info@albertjack.com – Feel free to comment on story below