Rampaging 14ft python bites a rescuer after it is pulled from the CEILING of a family home in Thailand.
A rampaging 14ft python was pulled from the ceiling of a family home in Thailand before it bit a rescuer trying to save it.
The beast had been curled around the wooden beams of a house in Chachoengsao, Thailand, when the owner’s 10-year-old daughter spotted it.
Her father Sirichai Wongsuu, 35, said he feared it could have eaten her – and called rescuers who tried to free the reptile.
Frightening moment a python drops from ceiling and bites rescuer.
As they pulled it free the python suddenly dropped to the ground and violently began striking out at those surrounding it in the room.
Video footage shows rescue worker Danu Pon, 40, trying to place his bare foot down on the back of the snake’s head to pacify it.
He doesn’t manage to do it quickly enough and the python sinks its huge fangs into the man’s heel.
With blood pouring from his foot he hobbled away, as the beast continued trying to attack locals in the room who struggled to snare it earlier this month.
Danu said: ‘We were holding on to the snake for 20 minutes trying to catch it.
‘I used my right foot to stomp on its head it but it bit me.
‘It hurt a lot, a lot. I felt its teeth inside and kicked it away but it jumped back and came towards me in the corner.
‘My heart was “boom, boom, boom” when it was staring at me with its mouth open.
‘It was me and the python staring at each other, for a moment I thought I could die but then I remembered had my colleagues to distract it again.
‘I was lucky it was only a small bite and not poisonous. Pythons are most dangerous if they catch you while you’re sleeping.’
Chachoengsao Rescue Unit eventually lassoed the snake’s head and managed to get it into a fertiliser bag to be released back into the wild.
They measured the snake at 14ft 1in (4.3m) and said it had killed local pets.
Sirichai, whose home the snake was hiding out in, said: ‘This was a big boa. We have some missing kittens and chickens in the village and I’m sure this has eaten them.
‘Fortunately my daughter saw the snake in the roof or it could have been very dangerous. It would have no problem swallowing a small child.’ – Full video clip at Mailonline
You can follow AsiaJack on Facebook & Twitter. Email tips and suggestions to email@example.com – Feel free to comment on story below